• Organize your room: Having an organized room to start off with would prove to be beneficial as you would be able to get ample amount of space. It would also help you pack only the important things which would be dust free.
• Have a checklist at hand: Although making a list of your belongings would seem to be a very immature idea at first, you can trust anyone on this that would seem to be a boom when you start packing up. This is because you would have all things clear as to which ones are important and your top priority. This list would also give you an idea about the amount of packing material you would require.
• Pack mattress and carpets efficiently: Most of the people invest a huge amount of money in buying a mattress as it is a matter of their comfort. Thus, make sure you pack them well so as to avoid them from getting dirty during the transit. Pack them securely in shrink wraps which are specifically meant to protect carpets and mattresses. Don’t worry if you do not have one. The packers and movers would surely be able to help you on this.
• Make use of garbage bags to pack linen covers and pillows: Since garbage bags are large and sturdy they would be the best packing material for your linen covers and pillows. Be sure to seal the bags before transporting them.
• Get the help of your kids: Let your kids take the responsibility of their own room. Involve them in the packing process which would also reduce your burden. Make sure they throw away the things which they no longer use.
These tips would surely make your movement into a new house much memorable a